Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Table Games Supervisor (23666)
at Z Casinos
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Supervise Blackjack, Poker type games, and Craps, including ongoing training, coaching, counseling and rewarding performance, conducting timely performance appraisals, and completing related paperwork and maintaining employee files and documents in a secure office.
- Monitor the flow of the pit, ensure that there is proper coverage in all areas. Redirect staff when needed to ensure proper coverage.
- Oversees the various functions of all operations for a regular shift as assigned. While on duty, ensures that all Employees comply at all times with ICMP’s as published by the Division of Gaming and our internal policies.
- Responsible for the overall management of the staff on hand for all pit functions during their shift. Report department-specific issues to the respective department heads.
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Report cleanliness problems and ensures resolution. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures including use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor or the Safety Committee of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Acts as a resource to Employees and patrons when unusual circumstances arise, or when there are safety or security concerns.
- Ensures guest comfort and ensures that Pit Employees and other Employees perform their duties in accordance with their position description and service guarantees.
- Flexible workweek with possible additional hours required, with minimal notice.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Employees follow security policies and procedures and reports all violations. Performs duties in compliance with the Colorado Limited Gaming Act.
- Acts as liaison with Division of Gaming officials during any interactions with customers and/or employees. This includes but is not limited to: audits, player disputes, employee disputes, etc.
- Flexible scheduling including but not limited to weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Ability and willingness to work at both the Central City and Black Hawk Properties.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
Manages subordinate employees in the Pit area. Supervisor is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Demonstrated knowledge of and the ability to uphold the ICMPs. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Key or Support License
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrated thorough knowledge of casino operations and the Colorado Limited Gaming Act and ICMPs. Demonstrated effective and diplomatic customer service and communication skills, which includes contacts with employees, Guests and State of Colorado Gaming and other regulatory officials. Demonstrated extensive experience persuading and negotiating. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure. Demonstrate experience problem solving, organizing and prioritizing work.
- Appropriate Keys
- Variance Investigations
- Pit inventories
- Comp approvals
- Table fills and credits
- Request for table fills and credit
- Card and Dice Inventory
Education and/or Experience:
Two (2) to five (5) years of recent table games dealing and related pit supervisory experience, including one (1) year of managerial experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as odds, payoffs and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A valid Colorado Driver's License. A Colorado Limited Gaming License is required. Tips and Title 31 certified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to stand for your entire shift, frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, bending, walking and crouching/stooping, pushing and standing for an entire work shift, with standard breaks. Lifting up to 30 pounds to stack, store or move pit related paraphernalia. Stand while completing paperwork or using a computer.