Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Manager (27319)
at Z Casinos
POSITION: IT Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Responsible for overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions for the organization. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure, applications and development of new technical solutions. Ensures compliance with regulations and policies. This position is a working manager’s position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Provide leadership, vision and management to the IT department
- Work with the other departments and staff to assess and respond to IT needs
- Manage the IT staff
- Hold departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals and delegate work assignments for all IT personnel.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and providing appropriate training for IT support staff.
- Oversee the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying and disposition of hardware and software.
- Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFP’s bids, contracts, agreements and other major vendor interactions, Systems Operations and Maintenance.
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations.
- Maintain security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines and equipment.
- Develop, review and certify all back-up disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Other duties, not listed, may be assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team members as well as outside contacts.
- Ability to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Ability to observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Thorough knowledge of all IT procedures and regulations as they apply to the state and the gaming industry.
- Knowledge of the following areas of Human Resources: employment, training, compensation, benefits and team member relations.
- Thorough knowledge of all State and Federal employment laws and regulations.
- Understanding of corporate and property specific policies and procedures.
The skills necessary of this position are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in IT or closely related field, in addition to a minimum of four years progressive experience in all aspects of IT systems and management.