Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hotel Inspector Lead
at Z's Casino
The incumbent in this position is responsible for inspecting hotel guestrooms for cleanliness and quality, ensuring Z Casino standards.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with external and internal customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
- Inspects guestrooms for cleanliness and quality, ensuring Z Casino standards.
- Reports rooms ready for occupancy.
- Ensures guest rooms, linen rooms, and maid carts are set up in a standardized manner as required by current Z Casino policy.
- Directs the actions of floor personnel as outlined by the Housekeeping Supervisor and/or the Hotel Manager.
- Assigns breaks for the Housekeeping personnel assigned to their floors.
- Responsible for supervision of assigned subordinates, which may include In-Room Refreshment Center Attendants, as well as Room Attendants and Housepersons.
- Reports room and hall deficiencies, maintenance, and work orders; follows up to completion.
- Ensures safe and proper use of chemicals and equipment.
- Assist in room attendant and IRRC attendant functions as needed.
- These and other duties assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes standard cleaning chemicals, proper safety precautions are taken.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all times with guests, as well as all levels of employees.
- Ability to observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Ability to inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Must be able to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Must be able to use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to vacuum, telephone, and pagers.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Requires the ability to bend, carry, crawl, reach and squatting so as to be able to adequately inspect rooms and move supplies and carts around work areas.
- This position is extremely physical in nature and requires complete physical mobility, including but not limited to balancing, bending, carrying, climbing stairs, reaching, squatting, twisting, lifting up to 40 pounds, and pushing a cart that weighs between 200 and 300 pounds. These actions are required in order to stock refreshment centers and refreshment cart.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES USED
Vacuum, telephone, and pagers.
Demonstrated knowledge of Housekeeping department policies and procedures. Ability to learn detailed inspection routines. Ability to direct work of subordinates.
These skills are typically acquired through a minimum of six months housekeeping experience.