Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CCMSI-U Claim Intern
- Job ID
At CCMSI, we look for the best and brightest talent to join our team of professionals. As a leading Third Party Administrator in self-insurance services, we are united by a common purpose of delivering exceptional service to our clients. As an Employee-Owned Company, we focus on developing our staff through structured career development programs, rewarding and recognizing individual and team efforts. Certified as a Great Place To Work, our employee satisfaction and retention ranks in the 95th percentile.
Reasons you should consider a career with CCMSI:
- Culture: Our Core Values are embedded into our culture of how we treat our employees as a valued partner-with integrity, passion and enthusiasm.
- Career development: CCMSI offers robust internships and internal training programs for advancement within our organization.
- Benefits: Not only do our benefits include 4 weeks paid time off in your first year, plus 10 paid holidays, but they also include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and ESOP.
- Work Environment: We believe in providing an environment where employees enjoy coming to work every day, are provided the resources needed to perform their job and claims staff are assigned manageable caseloads.
This paid internship will set forth the expectations the CCMSI-U Claim Intern will be fully trained with respect to CCMSI’s core values, best practices, claim systems, specific state Workers’ Compensation and/or Liability regulations and claim handling procedures. The intern will work with the designated preceptor who will be responsible for the day to day training of the CCMSI-U training program. The CCMSI-U Intern will be accountable for the quality of claim service as perceived by CCMSI clients and within Corporate Claim Standards.
- Participate in on-going CCMSI-U training program inclusive of system training, CCMSI policies and procedures, best practices, etc.
- Develop understanding and working application of Total and Partial Disabilities, both temporary and permanent.
- Develop understanding and strategic settlements of Medical Set-Aside considerations.
- Develop understanding and working application of setting reserves, scheduled losses and settlement negotiations.
- Set up designated claim files and complete all set up instructions, as requested.
- File claim mail and related documents.
- Summarize correspondence and medical records in the claim log notes as wells as file it in the appropriate claim, as directed by claim staff.
- Photocopy and/or scan claim documents, as needed.
- Return provider calls or other calls, as directed.
- Provide support to claim staff on client specific teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Individual must be a self-starter with strong organizational abilities. Ability to coordinate and prioritize required. Ability to operate general office equipment and perform clerical duties. Flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision a must. Discretion and confidentiality required. Ability to work as a team member in a rapidly changing environment.
- Reliable, predictable attendance within client service hours for the performance of this position.
- Responsive to internal and external client needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and/or in writing both internally and externally.
- Ability to work a minimum of 5 hours per day and a minimum of 3 days per week. The intern will work during specific weeks assigned in accordance with the school schedule, i.e. during spring break, summer or during a curriculum-required internship assignment.
Education and/or Experience
- Current enrollment at identified College or University in Insurance or Risk Management Program in good standing at Sophmore, Junior or Senior level or recent graduate.
- Minimum GPA of 4.0 on 5.0 scale or 3.0 on 4.0 scale.
- One (1) positive instructor or professor reference.
- Intern will be responsible in obtaining specific details for college credit towards their graduation requirements at their College and/or University as well as updated transcripts to remain eligible for the Internship Program. (i.e. GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or 4.0 on a 5.0 scale)
Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Object Handling Categories
Work requires the ability to lift/carry objects routinely as follows:
- Light Lifting: No lifting of objects weighing more than 15 pounds on a regular basis.
- Work requires the ability to sit or stand up to 7.5 or more hours at a time
- Work requires sufficient auditory and visual acuity to interact with others
CORE VALUES & PRINCIPLES
Responsible for upholding the CCMSI Core Values & Principles which include: performing with integrity; passionately focus on client service; embracing a client-centered vision; maintaining contagious enthusiasm for our clients; searching for the best ideas; looking upon change as an opportunity; insisting upon excellence; creating an atmosphere of excitement, informality and trust; focusing on the situation, issue, or behavior, not the person; maintaining the self-confidence and self-esteem of others; maintaining constructive relationships; taking the initiative to make things better; and leading by example.
CCMSI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity.