Burns & McDonnell Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
at Burns & McDonnell Corp
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 181541
- Design, specify, procure and supervise fabrication of process and packaging equipment
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines in the design of projects within the food and consumer product manufacturing industries.
- Keep equipment related lists up to date and accurate for multiple projects
- Identify current project utility capabilities and verify project work will not exceed capacities
- Determine utility connections and routing to connect all required utilities to equipment
- Create and supervise construction scopes of work for subcontractors to install equipment
- Provide field support, including supervising the installation, commissioning and startup of equipment
- Perform utility audits on existing facilities
- Complete reports for studies assigned by clients
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing less experienced staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 7 years related experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience leading the design of projects in the food and consumer products industries is preferred.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Completion of FE exam required.
- Completion of PE exam strongly preferred.