Bruker BioSciences Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TSOM Sales Manager – US West
at Bruker BioSciences Corporation
- Req. #
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of our North American Sales Team the US-West TSOM Sales Manager will manage and lead sales activities within the defined territory (AZ, ID, MT, NM, UT, WY, AR, CO, IA, KS, LA, MS, MO, NE , OK, TX, ND, SD states) for products from the Tribology, Stylus and Optical Metrology (TSOM) Business Unit of Bruker’s Nano Surfaces Division (BNS). The position is responsible for the direct development of sales within the territory, implementation and execution of territory plans in addition to working with sales representatives. Regular engagements with both academic research and industrial customers across all BNS product lines to maintain relationships, acquire new customers, and grow market share. Work with TSOM Business Unit and Applications to manage sales process. This individual must be a proven sales executive in the metrology instrumentation arena preferably with experience selling surface metrology tools with demonstrated experience in exceeding quota while selling complex solutions to engineering development teams and industrial partners.
LOCATION: Home office in Colorado or Texas, but preferably in the Dallas area.
- Meet or exceed all quarterly sales objectives for assigned geographical area
- Maintain a significant opportunity pipeline to assure success and on-going growth for the region
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans to achieve short and long term objectives
- Develop detailed knowledge of customers within the region who are typically scientists doing materials research in academic universities, government research labs or industrial research/QA-QC labs. Main market segments are academic research, semiconductor, microelectronics and biotech in this territory.
- Develop key relationships (at all appropriate levels) with strategic accounts and distributors
- Evaluate and champion emerging and strategic accounts for BNS
- Assure the highest level of customer engagement and support from BNS resources in sales, field applications engineers, marketing, inside sales, customer service, manufacturing sales representatives, distributors, etc.
- Oversee the ongoing management of sales representatives (matrixed relationships) in the region
- Coordinate with product marketing on the development of short and long-term sales strategies, product introductions, new products and features, etc.
- Provide timely information on competitive activities within the region and overall market place
- Attend tradeshows and other marketing events in territory
- Present information to the Sr. Director of North America Sales during regional weekly sales reporting calls and quarterly sales meetings
- Use SalesForce.com as a sales tracking and forecasting tool
- Travel requirements are approximately 50% of the work time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with customers, colleagues and support groups within the Bruker Nano Surfaces (BNS) division
- Experience selling Optical Microscopes, Tribology or other Metrology test equipment strongly preferred
- Highly organized with solid time management & strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Prior experience with multi-level sales channels is a PLUS
- Knowledge and experience selling in the academic and industrial markets served by BNS is desirable. Micro-electronics including semiconductor market knowledge is a plus.
- Proficient use of a CRM (SalesForce.com preferred) is essential
- An understanding and experience using Miller-Heiman Strategic and Conceptual selling methodologies is favored
- BS. in the pure or applied sciences (MS or PhD preferred) with a minimum of 2 years of sales or sales applications experience including but not limited to the selling of products used in surface science and metrology applications.
- Direct experience selling optical profilers or tribology products is preferred