Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Brooklyn Boulders
OUR STORY: Brooklyn Boulders (BKB) opened its doors in 2009. With facilities now nestled in the hearts of New York, Boston and Chicago and programs all over the country, BKB operates an adventure lifestyle ecosystem that consists of a diverse community of climbers, creatives, artists, and fitness enthusiasts, with the common vision of Becoming Superhuman Together.
We live and breathe our CORE VALUES. They’re what makes BKB…BKB!
GET WEIRD -- Be yourself. BKB is your creative playground.
CO-CREATE -- Trust your team. Results are stronger when we collaborate.
BE RELENTLESS -- Attitude is everything. Take risks. Fall hard. Get back up.
MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL -- Create something extraordinary. Be proud to share it. Never stop improving.
MAKE IT AN OPEN HOUSE PARTY -- Encourage diversity and inclusion.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The Marketing Director at Brooklyn Boulders will oversee the strategy and execution of digital and channel marketing efforts at BKB, as well as developing and leading emerging brands at Brooklyn Boulders. The Marketing Director will be a strong leader, responsible for ensuring that our marketing channels are delivering a consistent brand narrative across the Brooklyn Boulders parent brand, as well as our emerging brands (e.g. BKBX, BKB Wild). This position is responsible for driving brand development, brand campaigns, and launch marketing for new and emerging brands, as well as ensuring that our marketing channels are optimized across our brand and product portfolio. You will lead in developing strategies, writing briefs, and managing project timeline and advertising/marketing budgets. Your ultimate goals will be to 1) increase brand awareness 2) drive qualified first guest visits through our doors 3) lower cost of acquisition by helping to increase conversion rates, particularly online conversion and 4) increase LTV through engagement, retention, and loyalty programs.
It’s time to get weird with Brooklyn Boulders.
- Lead on emerging brand positioning and brand campaigns in all marketing content and customer touchpoints in partnership with the Creative, Experience and Local Teams
- Lead brand management of entire portfolio of Brooklyn Boulders’ brands (running campaigns and tactics to drive visitation and consideration across all brands)
- Work in strong partnership with Creative to nurture emerging brand voice and visual identity
- Launch national and regional marketing campaigns and programs, with a specific focus on increasing organic reach and growth of a double-sided referral program
- Own the promotional strategy, execution and work within our monthly planning process to help implement on the ground, including but not limited to, traveling to our regions to ensure effective marketing implementation
- Work cross-departmentally to create marketing communication strategies that support the unique customer journeys of each key customer segment, including research on customer pathways and experience to share with key members of the executive team
- Identify the right strategic channels to drive awareness and acquisition
- Develop and manage BKB’s social and digital media strategies
- Partner with VP of Strategy and Growth to align on key strategies and business objectives. Review progress and report on ROI. Forecast budget and reallocate funds as needed. Develop marketing plans and project lists/ timelines. Keep team on point and make sure that tactics align with strategic objectives. Report campaign results and learnings monthly to executive team
- Develop and execute marketing plans aligned with marketing calendar and emerging brand needs. Work in conjunction with necessary agency partners as well as strong collaboration with VP of Sales and Operations and CEO
- Manage a calendar of cross brand communications including collateral, newsletters, email, photo and video
- Develop milestones program and loyalty program development for BKBX and Brooklyn Boulders overall, in conjunction with VP of Sales and Operations and VP of Strategy and Growth
- Lead national media planning and buying
- Support national level PR efforts and activities in conjunction with Launch Director
- Coordinate with Creative Team for design needs: brief submission, photo/video and graphics
- Communicate marketing initiatives to peers to ensure understanding and delivery. Execute training as needed
- Champion and manage emerging brands and ensure their identity is in line with BKB’s overall brand, particularly in-facility signage (will work in conjunction with Environments Director)
- Evaluate market reactions to marketing messaging; conduct research as necessary and report to executive team
- Manage Email Marketing Manager and National Events and Partnerships Manager
- Understand competitive market and product, and provide insight as needed
- Keep abreast of industry and marketing trends to help guide and shape future marketing innovation and strategies
- Undertake other marketing projects and duties as requested by VP of Strategy and Growth
- 8 years of marketing experience
- 5 years of experience with digital and social media marketing
- 3 years of managing a team
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Exquisite communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of current marketing techniques and best practices, including SEO, social media, web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.) and Google Adwords
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of marketing (media, creative, planning, analysis, digital)
- Experience with Wordpress and email systems (Hubspot) a plus
- A customer-oriented approach with aptitude
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing and communications or relevant field
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Sharp eye for detail and proven project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to take risks and think “BIG”
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Passionate about the outdoors, lifestyle brands, arts, music and creating memorable consumer experiences and communication. Climbing experience is a bonus!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and MARKETING DIRECTOR is…
- A “Rock Star,” a highly motivated, self-starter who is results driven and thrives in entrepreneurial environments
- Highly collaborative and creative, a true team-player
- A hard worker who’s not afraid of achieving tough, demanding goals
- An energetic and excited leader, committed to taking risks, learning, and always improving
- Free membership for employees
- Complimentary membership for a significant other or family member
- Unlimited free guest passes for friends*
- Discounts on personal training, retail, and guided outdoor adventure trips
- Free access to non-competitive youth programs for children of employees
- Company offered health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous paid time off policies
- Generous parental leave policy
Though our Team Members come from a wide range of experiences and are as unique as our business, we are all united under our ultimate promise: belonging and inspiration through experiences that engage imagination, passion, and physical potential! If you're excited by the prospect of co-creating with a hard-working, driven team of individuals, we're excited to talk with you about a future at Brooklyn Boulders.