Boulder Heavy Industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front End Developer
at Boulder Heavy Industries
IMM is looking for Front End Developer to join our Web Dev practice.
A Day in the Life
The ideal candidate must possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be analytical, and be comfortable utilizing next generation technology to architect complex solutions. This is a standards-based development role requiring a strong ability to explore and implement new technologies all while pushing the boundaries of our current standards.
Here are some specifics on exactly what your days might look like:
- Help the web dev team in implementing web solutions.
- Represent technology within the creative ideation process to ensure that solutions meet the intended time, technology and budgetary scope.
- Work collectively with our UI/UX team to concept and prototype digital and interactive concepts, providing technical innovation wherever possible.
- Implement designs into a fully responsive website.
- Develop websites that are accessible on modern browsers and mobile devices. Mobile application experience is a strong plus.
- Code within a LAMP environment for related back-end tasks.
- Work within IMM’s development standards and practices but also research, recommend and lead the adoption of new methodologies and tools allowing us to remain flexible and promote consistency and scalability throughout the development process.
- Must be “self-motivated” and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as required to ensure a high level of quality, under often tight timeline requirements of our clients.
- Communicate with management, creative designers, developers, testers, product managers and technical support specialists regarding responsive website design.
- Must enjoy working within a highly collaborative environment.
If you meet the following requirements, we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s in computer science/information systems or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years proven work experience in a development role (agency experience a plus):
- Experience writing API integrations
- Expertise working with relational databases
- Proficiency with front-end frameworks/libraries such as VueJS, jQuery, React, etc.
- Experience developing within content management systems (Craft/WordPress/Shopify)
- Experience with modern-day development tools including version control, preprocessors, task runners, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing architectures (AWS)
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time- critical problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines