Boulder County Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Services Caseworker A – Family Support and Life Skills Worker
at Boulder County Colorado
Are you interested in helping families make small changes in the home that will improve organization and reduce chaos? Do you enjoy connecting families to needed resources in the community? Can you model and support effective parenting strategies? If so, we invite you to join the Life Skills team! Human Services Caseworker A – Life Skills is an entry-level classification in the Human Services Caseworker series. The Human Services Caseworker A performs a variety of human services professional duties within established guidelines. This is a part time position requiring 20 hours per week, including some early evening hours until 6:30pm a few times per week.
Work hours are Tuesday, 12:00pm - 6:00pm, Wednesday 10:00am - 6pm and Thursday 12pm-6pm. This position will work out of Longmont, CO. Under FLSA guidelines this position is non-exempt.
Hiring Salary Range: $22,620.00 - $27,600.00 Annually
Classification Salary Range: $22,620.00 - $32,574.00 Annually
- Examples of Duties
- Visits clients in their homes to identify and assist with support in parenting skills, managing services from various agencies, working with schools, therapists, caseworkers, etc. to address problems and meet requirements of the case plan.
- Assists clients with increasing skills in daily living such as home organization, parenting, budgeting, finding community resources, shopping and meal planning.
- Accompany clients to school meetings, medical appointments, community agencies, and government service meetings as needed.
- Maintains records of home visits, referrals and community services provided to families and clients.
- Testifies in court during termination of Parental Right hearings and/or return home hearings.
- Collaborates with Human Services Case teams in managing case plans and participates in case reviews and family meetings.
- Ability to be flexible and make necessary changes to their schedule in order to accommodate the needs of the families.
- Performs related work as required.
- Required Qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application be sure to include all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement. Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
- A Bachelor's degree in human behavioral science
- One year of experience working with families
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK:
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check
DRIVER'S LICENSE and VEHICLE
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license
- Applicants must have good driving record and current Automobile insurance
- Applicants must have safe, reliable vehicle that can be used for business travel purposes (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Supplemental Information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of the assigned program
- Basic interviewing and coaching skills
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, agencies and the public
Primarily sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination to operate computer keyboard and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and members of the public.
From "Dictionary of Occupational Titles", U.S. Dept of Labor:
Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time.
Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time.
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.