Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: various
PER DIEM, VARIOUS HOURS AND SHIFTS
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
The security officer maintains the safety and security of, and provides assistance to employees, members of the medical staff, patients and visitors. The Security Officer also protects all Boulder Community Hospital buildings and property.
Education or Formal Training
High school graduate desired.
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, Etc.)
- Valid driver's license.
- Good driving record.
- BLS by end of conditional period.
- Certify in Pressure Point Control Techniques (PPCT) within 1 month of hire and recertify annually thereafter.
- IAHSS certification may be required for other advanced versions of this job.
- Certify in Taser training and use within six months of hire and re-certify annually thereafter.
Knowledge, Skill And Ability
- Must possess excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to de-escalate situations and to act calmly in times of direct conflict.
- Previous security experience preferred.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
- ASP Handcuffs
Hand held radio Pager Cellular Telephone
Taser Basic Computer Usage Flashlight
Surveillance Ear piece and Mic
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Must have the ability to lift, move, and manipulate at least 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to physically control individuals exhibiting aggressive behavior.
- Must have the ability to write accurate, legible reports.
- Able to work in areas both inside and outside the building that are not well lighted, heated or air conditioned, or which may be dirty and dusty.
- Must be able to think clearly, prioritize requests and respond and communicate quickly, clearly and concisely in times of crisis.
- Must respect confidential data regarding employees, patients and visitors.
- Must access all areas of hospital and grounds.
- Must be able to travers from any point to another within hospital grounds during a stat condition within 2-minutes or less.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace