Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Surgery
at Boulder Community Hospital
Work Hours: VARIOUS DAY/EVENING
Per Diem - Variable Shifts
OR Experience Required
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
Responsible for the general well being of the patient during the peri-operative period, acts as the patient’s advocate and works as a member of the surgical team, is knowledgeable in the areas of aseptic technique, infection control, emergency procedures, and general operating room procedures. Works with highly technical, ever-changing equipment.
Education or Formal Training
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
1. Colorado RN license in good standing
2. BLS certification required within conditional period.
3. Member of professional organization and CNOR preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Clinical competency with routine surgical skills in circulating with scrubbing preferred
2. Demonstrates assessment and response to changes in the patient’s condition (basic understanding and integration of patient care and practice)
3. Communicates clearly on all aspects of documentation
4. Must be flexible to rotate shifts and adjust hours as needed
5. Able to assess, treat and/or care for patients of all ages
6. Demonstrates knowledge of preparation, maintenance, cleaning and usage of equipment
7. Prepares specimens and lab forms for laboratory analysis
Minimum of one year OR circulating experience and scrub experience preferred
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, moving a patient from a wheelchair to a bed).
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace