Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Boulder Community Hospital
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 1754
Work Hours: PRN, hours and days will change
Performs all technical aspects of MRI procedures, consistently producing highest quality exams possible.
Education Or Formal Training
1. Registered Technologist (ARRT)
2. Completion of MRI training (structured or on the job)
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
1. ARRT - active
2. MRI Registry 1 year from hire
3. BLS required by end of conditional period.
Knowledge, Skill And Ability
1. Computer knowledge
2. Cross sectional anatomy
4. Good patient care skills
5. Ability to handle stress
One year MRI experience/MRI training.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
2. MRI equipment
3. Patient monitoring devices
5. Laser camera
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Stressful, lifting, background noise, cold
2. Dim lighting
3. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to stoop, crouch and twist. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
4. The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 10 pounds, frequently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, moving a patient from a wheelchair to a bed).
5. Functional physical demands include manual dexterity, fine motor skills and reaching. The following senses will be needed for essential duties of the job: speech, vision, hearing, smell and touch.
Patients, physicians, nurses, radiologists, office staff, and other technologists.
None, however, must be able to work independently.
1. Prepare, position, transfer patient as needed.
2. Perform scans with proper technical factors.
3. Photographs and hangs scans as necessary.
4. Performs injection of contrast.
5. Schedules patients.
6. Works on call as scheduled and as needed.
7. Participates in quality assurance studies.
8. Performs daily quality assurance, maintains upkeep of equipment.
9. Performs clerical duties as needed.
10. Keeps work area clean.
11. Screens patients/personnel for metallic foreign bodies.
12. Must adhere to Universal Precautions which includes:
a. The use of protective barriers as appropriate;
*gowns *pocket masks
b. Handling and disposing of infectious waste appropriately.
c. Hand washing as appropriate.
13. Employees are expected to comply with all regulatory requirements, including Joint Commission Standards.
14. Is familiar with organization, department and job specific Environment of Care areas, including Life Safety, Utilities Management, Hazardous Materials Communications, Emergency Preparedness, Infection Control and Medical Equipment Failure.
1. Secures and file radiographs as required.
2. Provides for proper charging and credit as to service performed.
3. Assists in the evaluation of new products and equipment in MRI.
4. Assists in the development of new procedures and techniques.
5. Other duties as required.
When applicable, employees must be able to adjust the essential functions they perform appropriately to the age of their patient/customer. Employees must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the knowledge and skills necessary to provide for the primary population of patients served in the department. Employees demonstrate the ability to alter care and patient/family education based on the age or developmental level of the patient.