Bimbo Bakeries USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Baking Technology Manager in Denver, CO at Bimbo Bakeries USA
at Bimbo Bakeries USA
The Baking Technology Manager supports assigned bakeries in the areas of ingredient, formula, process, and baking technology with an overall focus on finished product quality and consistency.
• Troubleshoot bakery issues and help to ensure that bakery teams puts appropriate corrective actions in place.
• Support R&D development trials on new formulas and new ingredients.
• Work with bakery team to drive the scale-up and commercialization of new products, cost savings project, and product reformulations. Participate in qualification kick-off calls and ensure that bakery team is running necessary test bakes and launches on the agreed launch timing. Monitor quality post-launch and modify formula / process as necessary.
• Support assigned bakeries in addressing quality scoring concerns, consumer complaints, waste reduction efforts, and other initiatives as needed.
• Participate as key baking technical resource with Engineering and bakery team on process and equipment modifications to ensure overall quality is maintained.
• Coach and train key bakery associated on baking processes and equipment.
• Complete and post updated product code books for all key launches.
• Conduct formula audits and follow up with bakery on corrective actions. Work with R&D team on any necessary modifications to corporate formulas.
• Documents weekly trip results and summarizes with key follow ups to bakery team.
• Mainstream bread and bun bakeries for this position will include Albuquerque, Beaverton, Commerce City, Escondido, Montebello, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Luis Obispo, and other locations as assigned.
• Travel approximately 90-100% of the time, with occasional weekend work.
• Other assignments as needed.