Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Relationship Banker- Colorado Market Anticipatory- Denver, Co
at Bank of America Corporation
Relationship bankers (RBs) are located in the financial center and are responsible for assisting and educating customers on self-service banking options (for example, mobile, online, ATM) and building and deepening customer relationships. RBs are also trained in cash transactions and may be asked to process these transactions both accurately and efficiently when needed.
•Engage customers in the lobby to assist, educate and train customers on how to conduct simple transactions through self-service technologies
•Work with retail customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs and recommending the best products, services and solutions to meet those needs
•Open deposit accounts and sell banking products (examples: credit cards, CDs, IRAs, loans)
•Quote rates, terms and programs for loan customer requests
•Respond to customer inquiries and concerns, creating customized solutions
•Recognize and refer cross-sell opportunities
•Refer opportunities to appropriate specialist
•Ensure customers/clients are connected to the appropriate teammate to help them achieve their financial goals; make sure all sales, service and specialized needs are met; and help drive overall revenue growth
•Ensure the customer’s needs are met by partnering with specialists and business partners to understand what they offer to customers and the most effective way to generate business referrals (examples: customer’s banking, small business, mortgage and investment needs)
•During times of high customer traffic, process transactions accurately and efficiently to build customer confidence and trust, based on established policies and procedures
•Leverage available resources and technologies (such as tablets and bank by appointment) to optimize the customer experience and serve our customers with operational excellence and accuracy
•Proactively manage risk in every business, product and service transaction leveraging available tools
- Skilled at and/or aptitude for assessing customer/client needs, providing applicable solutions/recommendations, and building customer relationships based on mutual trust to optimize sales opportunities to new and existing customers/clients
- Ability to build solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership and collaboration in a virtual or face-to-face environment
- Thrive on engaging with customers; can begin a conversation, handle objections, demonstrate patience to teach and so forth
- Actively use and leverage current technologies to better understand the technology solutions available to improve our customers’ financial lives
- Ability to learn and understand technology to assist customers with self-service needs
- Apply strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet customers’ needs
- Available to work weekends and/or extended hours as required to run the business
- Demonstrate initiative, a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
- Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our customers’ financial lives
- Ability to understand and implement process and/or regulatory requirements during all interactions with customers (examples: Anti-Money Laundering, appropriate disclosures.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong influencing skills
- Pass relationship banker pre-employment assessment
- Bilingual (fluent verbal and written) skills where applicable
- Ability to engage customers for long periods of time
- All relationship bankers must be certified in the requirements of the role. The certification process will be designed to validate associates’ proficiency, meaning their ability to perform the critical job tasks and demonstrate the key “how” behaviors.
- One year of demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals
- Six months of cash handling experience
- Bachelor’s degree or business relevant associate degree (examples: business management, business administration, finance)
- Financial/Banking center experience
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.