Balfour Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Manager (RN)
at Balfour Senior Living
Nurse Manager (RN)
Situated at the base of the Rocky Mountains, in Louisville, Colorado, Balfour's Louisville, CO retirement communities enjoy no fewer than 300 days of sunshine a year—the perfect backdrop for Balfour's Boulder County campus. With comfortable elegant environments and the amenities of a fine resort, our Louisville retirement communities are the perfect place to enjoy a life in motion. Balfour’s experienced staff is trained in providing the support needed by each resident to assist them in living an independent life.
The Nurse Manager will work on the skilled nursing unit and serve as the liaison for the C.N.A.s, and nurses, communicating requests and providing direction on an on-going basis. In this role you will train new C.N.A.s, and nurses ensuring their understanding of their job responsibilities and skills as indicated on the new hire checklist. In addition, you will be included in the on-call rotation and responsible for maintaining the nursing department’s schedule while on call and help with admissions as needed. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, administering dressing changes, documenting and ordering supplies for complicated wounds, completing resident assessments, checking telephone orders, checking the accuracy of the monthly MARs and covering open nursing shifts as needed.
Balfour Senior Care offers a generous benefit package including:
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance benefits
SHIFT: Full – Time 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with on call status
- Valid and current R.N. state license required.
- 1+ years of managerial experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in skilled nursing required
- Familiarity with technology and the willingness to learn and utilize technology.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly and their family members
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate openly, honestly and responsibly with others
- Ability to maintain a customer focus treating all customers with respect and integrity
- Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs