Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Process Architect
at AVI-SPL, Inc.
Business Process Architect / Business Process Engineering
We’re looking for a Business Process Architect/Project Manager with experience in delivering successful projects and driving cross-functional business process transformation. This role is critical to AVI-SPL’s continuous improvement activities and project delivery. The successful candidate will work directly with customers and business stakeholders to understand their requirements and identify a high-level design and delivery approach. He or she will ensure that proposed designs are extendable and scalable supporting AVI-SPL's objectives for simplification and automation of its business processes.
Focused on complex, mission critical projects that require integrating knowledge and resources across technical disciplines and functional boundaries. Responsible for the development, implementation, administration and measurement of project delivery and unified process improvement initiatives. Applies a broad and deep understanding of technical concepts in conjunction with an understanding of the Company's business to recommend strategy, advance technology and develop innovative solutions. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
- Work directly with process owners and stakeholders in process documentation and process improvement methodology.
- Serves as a BPM (Business Process Management) subject matter expert throughout and across the enterprise. Provides BPM mentorship. Utilizes methodology training to facilitate improvement events per year at the enterprise level.
- Responsible for analyzing, defining, and owning layer 4 processes at the enterprise level, including definition of process owners, metrics and roadmap of key gaps and improvement areas. Identifies and implements process improvements. Executes on continuous process improvements through metrics monitoring and scorecard reporting.
- Responsible for quality and adherence to standards and best practices of BPM. Responsible for ensuring process compliance throughout the enterprise. Ensures processes are aligned at the enterprise level with the company's business process vision.
- Facilitates strategic planning and process improvement prioritization events for the enterprise.
- Provides executive level leadership with status reports, feedback and trend analysis as well as early warning indicators regarding projects at risk
- Develop the overall Business Process Library and work closely with the Business Analysts or SME’s to review and refine business process workflows identifying areas of possible simplification and automation.
- Participate in meetings with business clients to analyze their requirements and clarify specific details for each project and/or enhancement request.
- Participate in weekly meetings to ensure that proposed solutions are well aligned with business priorities.
- Capture high level solutions and business process flows for major initiatives which have impact on the architecture, object model, integration, or business process.
- Assist the business owners in creation of use cases used in the design validation and subsequently in testing the processes.
Skills and Abilities
- Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to lead the organization into a process-driven, team-oriented culture that embraces continuous improvement
- Strong and effective task manager including leadership and mentoring
- Self-starter capable of working independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Excellent structured problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot complex AV/UC network and connection issues
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Math, Finance, or related field required
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience as a Process Architect or similar experience required
- 2-3 years’ experience in business process improvement and 2-3 yrs. project management experience preferred (Telecom experience a plus)
- Demonstrated experience applying expertise of at least 1 key business process improvement methodology to drive process improvements (Lean, DMAIC Six Sigma - Green Belt/Black Belt] or Theory of Constraints)
- Demonstrated experience as an organizational leader of process excellence.
- Experience with process improvement through methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean, Ops Science or TPS.
- Experience with SOX compliance a plus.
- Experience with Savvion, RUP, Visio or similar business tools
- Experience leading small teams
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law