Boulder Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant - Patient Navigator (full-time)
at Boulder Medical Center
Do you enjoy working with friendly and helpful people in a positive work environment? Are you ready to embrace a career as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) that offers a variety of learning opportunities? Are you looking to make a positive impact on peoples' lives in our community?
Consider a career in the medical field as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) at Boulder Medical Center (BMC). We're an independent, multi-specialty, outpatient network of providers and staff dedicated to engaging our patients in high-quality, compassionate health care. For nearly 70 years, BMC has been locally owned and operated, providing exceptional medical care to patients across the northwestern Front Range and surrounding communities. This unique business model is why many of our employees come and stay!
SUMMARY - Certified Medical Assistant (CMA):BMC is currently seeking experienced Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) for the Foothills Campus Pediatric department.
- Recognizes,evaluates, and responds to emergency or unusual situations in the clinic usingjudgment within skill level to obtain additional help, if needed, to ensureproper medical care.
- Receives allpatient phone calls regarding medical concerns/questions, medication questions,immunization inquires, patient forms (sports forms, camp forms, return toactivity, etc.) and any other patient needs.
- Tracks immunization schedules and notifies physician of upcoming requirements.
- Directspatient medical concerns to proper member of the medical team (phone triagenurse, physician’s clinic nurse, etc.).
- Returnspatient calls as directed by triage nurse and physicians.
- Manages flowof patient forms through the office (collects them, tracks them through thecompletion process, contact back to patient when they are complete, etc.)
- Assists thefront office staff during busy times and as directed by the site-manager
- Assists theclinical staff with routine duties as directed by the site-manager (may includeassisting in rooming patients, supporting office procedures, etc.
- Administers,and documents in EMR for all prescribed, OTC medications and drug samples, accordingto BMC EMR protocol.
- Submitselectronically and/or faxes new prescriptions and refill prescriptionsaccording to provider orders in a timely manner. Records all new prescriptionand refill information in EMR per BMC EMR protocol.
- Understandsand uses Patient Portal (where applicable) for non-urgent patient communicationfollowing BMC guidelines.
- Providesadditional basic instructions and basic information to patients regardingmedical care as ordered by the provider (i.e., use of crutches, use of specificmedications, etc.)