Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Analyst (Workday)
at Ardent Mills
As the Sr. Payroll Analyst you will be responsible, under the direction of the Payroll Manager, for managing the analysis, reporting, and reconcillations of payroll data, time tracking data, taxes, and funding of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for US, Canada, and Puerto Rico . Responsible for creating actionable reports and post payroll audits to support organizational needs. Manages and administers all government reporting and compliance requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions and keeps abreast of changing regulations. Meets all reporting requirements for garnishments, income withholding orders, and tax levies.
To succeed, you must be able to:
- Deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
- Deal with and drive change.
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Learn and apply new technology and share your knowledge with others.
- Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Accountable for all payroll and time tracking reporting, auditing, and establishing controls as needed.
- Execute testing of all payroll related enhancements and/or changes in Workday
- Makes recommendations for system and/or process changes, as applicable
- Manages time keeping requirements and collaborates with HRIS for Workday configurations.
- Assists with reconciliation of payroll to GL accounts and tax filings including quarterly and year-end processes. This includes but is not limited to, retirement reporting such as trust reconciliations, annual audit requests, and funding requests to record keepers.
- Serves as back-up and support for Payroll Manager
- Includes off cycle payroll processing and maintenance of garnishments
- Serves as back-up and support for US, Puerto Rico, and Canada payrolls, as needed.
- Performs system input review of all employee payroll related changes, including timekeeping system
- Researches and corrects issue(s) found during processing
- Processes involuntary terminations and produces off-cycle payments, as needed
- Responsible for ensuring company is compliant with all payroll regulatory changes
- Prepares and reconciles all payments to third party vendors, assists with taxation of relocation and tuition expenses as needed
- Maintains payroll procedure manual
- Processes repayments
- Responsible for reporting to relocation vendor)
- Assumes additional duties and projects as assigned
Skill / Requirements
- Minimum of four years payroll experience, including payroll taxes and accounting
- Minimum of 2 years Workday payroll system experience
- Workday reporting experience.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required
- Ability to understand company payroll and time tracking policies,
- Working knowledge of government regulations, and tax requirements for US, Puerto Rico, and Canada
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assignments in a demanding environment
- Experience working with Workday with experience in configuration, testing, and reporting functions
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with all levels of management, staff, outside vendors, contractors and consultants
- Ability to communicate with employees, contractors, management, vendors, consultants, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to work independently
- knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (including use of Pivot Tables/Charts, vLookup, and other advanced functions)
- CPP Preferred
- Experience working with Union Collective Bargaining Agreements in a manufacturing environment preferred.