Arapahoe Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Elevate Academic Support Professional
at Arapahoe Community College
Elevate at ACC was established to provide inclusive higher education for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) to foster academic growth, prepare for gainful employment, develop needed skills for independent living, and engage socially with the broader campus community. ACC is the only community college in Colorado offering this new, inclusive pathway for students with IDD to access higher education.
The Elevate Academic Support Professional will provide students with IDD the academic and social supports that they need to complete their course of study. This position will coordinate and assess individualized accommodations or modifications for students, work with faculty to implement supports for Elevate students, instruct students in the development of soft skills, and support students in accessing the educational environment by working as their advocate. This position will enable students with IDD to develop and maintain skills that will foster personal growth and independence.
The Elevate Academic Support Professional position affords the unique opportunity to make a tremendous impact in the lives of students with intellectual and development disabilities. Join us in changing the lives of people with IDD at ACC!
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in education, special education, or a related subfield from an accredited institution.
- Two years experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in an educational setting.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Strong collaboration, problem-solving, interpersonal, organization, and critical thinking skills.
- Commitment to creating an inclusive learning & work environment and demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Master’s degree in education, special education, or related field.
- Experience working in an inclusive higher education program.
- Experience working in a post-secondary setting.
Work Environment: Work is generally performed in a standard office environment. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 20 lbs.
- May need to stoop, reach, handle, have manual dexterity and the ability to talk and hear.
- Mental function demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
Advertised Salary Range: Starting salary for this position is $40,000, commensurate with education and experience.
To Apply: All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of certifications (if applicable), and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Your application materials should clearly indicate how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application scroll to the bottom of this page.
Closing Date: Monday, December 3, 2018 at 4:00 PM
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Angela Williams, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or email@example.com.
At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
Arapahoe Community College (ACC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, in the admission or access to, treatment of, or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. We oppose discrimination and strive to foster an equitable and inclusive learning environment for our students that reflects the diverse nature of our world through professional development, responsive programming, reflection, and action.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.