Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Mortgage Loan Originator
at AmeriFirst Financial
Senior Mortgage Loan Originator
Want to be a part of a dynamic company and team? We are Looking for Candidates who are sharp, hungry and want to grow to the next level with us! Amerifirst Financial is Looking for you!
** Compensation Plan commensurate with Experience**
** Approved/Active Colorado Originator Mortgage License Required**
Executive Summary of Position:
Amerifirst Financial, Inc. is involved in all aspects of retail mortgage lending and works to provide borrowers, local realtors, and others in the mortgage and real estate industry with the most comprehensive selection of loan products and uncomprised service at competitive rates.
Loan Originators are members of the AFI sales force and are expected to work primarily in the field generating new loans and making and maintaining contacts with various referral sources.
- Spends more than fifty (50) percent of his or her work time away from AFI’s place of business, including any home office, generating and selling loans offered by AFI and soliciting new borrowers and referral sources such as realtors, builders, and financial planners.
- Maintains relationships with referral sources.
- Meets with prospective clients in person at locations other than an AFI place of business to sell loans.
- Makes in-person calls on real estate agents, builders, financial planners and other referral sources.
- Time spent at a AFI place of business may be spent on taking loan applications; preparing loan files; attending meetings; completing paperwork; preparing marketing and sales materials; and calling, writing to, or communicating by email with borrowers, prospective borrowers and referral sources.
- Comprehends all functions of a real estate transaction in order to advise borrower regarding the same.
- Become knowledgeable and adhere to all applicable state and federal laws and/or regulations including, but not limited to, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Truth-in-Lending Act, Fair Housing Act, and any related state mortgage banking laws, as well as the rules and ethics of the mortgage banking industry and HUD.
- Comprehends financial markets and stays informed of changes relevant to the mortgage industry, including local housing trends, markets and interest rates.
- Markets and promotes the various loan products offered by AFI.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate by example through the sharing of knowledge and skill to promote a positive team work environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in finance, business administration or related field, from a four-year college or university is preferred and one or two years of industry- related experience and/or training are required. A combination of equivalent education and industry-related experience is acceptable.
- Language skill required is ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Language skill include the ability to read and interpret instructions, documents and manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of customers, employees or vendors.
- Required is that of basic personal computing including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
Amerifirst Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerifirst Financial complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.