Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Coordinator. The position will be based from Longmont, CO and will travel to project locations within the region. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is a mid-level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the health and wellbeing of others in our industry. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and/or experience in the fields of occupational safety and health or construction commensurate with the desired position. This includes craft and field experience with one or more disciplines. This role will be based in Colorado.
*Wood will not sponsor an employment Visa to fill this position.
Key Aims & Objectives:
Positively influence the Project by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management. Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support the Project’s HSSE initiatives and programs
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols for all Process & Energy locations
- Participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis processes, and prepare required report(s)
- Assist employees and crews in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Gain knowledge and understanding of applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Engage in the HSSE Training process for the Project
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees and supervision
- Provide injury care for employees
- Assist with implementation of the Wood Drug & Alcohol Program
- Support the needs of the Project HSSE Department
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of HSSE experience
- OSHA 30 Hour
- Understanding of basic construction work practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication; includes use of proper grammar, spelling, etc.
- Ability to interact with both craft and supervisory employees
- High level of integrity for reporting as well as upholding company policy, personal activities, etc.
- Ability to complete basic HSSE related tasks with little direction after initial assignment
- Ability to objectively audit compliance in the workplace
- Occasional travel may be required
- Nationally recognized certifications (CSP, ASP. CHST, or OHST) and/or Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or related field
- Bilingual a plus (English and Spanish)
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the responsibilities and duties as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age
- May be required consistently to work 12+ hour shifts performing construction based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions
- May be required, on occasion, to work up to 16 hours in a single shift
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on stairs, ladders, scaffolds and steel framework
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job related noises
- Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!