Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Tax Accountant Income
at Air Methods
Responsible for the preparation and review of federal and foreign income tax returns, information returns, and other disclosures required in compliance with U.S. and foreign tax laws. Responsible for the effective maintenance of the tax compliance software. Assists in the preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated income tax provision.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Prepare and/or review federal, foreign, state, and local income tax filings, including quarterly estimates, extensions, and tax returns.
• Identify tax issues and planning ideas that arise in the compliance process and assist with the research/resolution of those issues.
• Performs research and analysis in the area of international, federal and state and local corporate and partnership tax as well as draft technical memoranda and other documents related to tax planning projects.
• Perform analysis related to federal and state tax audits, including interacting with revenue agents, responding to IDRs.
• Assist in ASC 740 preparation and analysis, including modeling in defense of deferred tax asset balances.
• Monitor and stay current on, tax laws, rules and regulations and accounting pronouncements impacting Air Methods Corporation and its subsidiaries.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 0%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two to five years corporate income tax experience at a Big 4, major public accounting firm, tax law firm and /or large multinational company in a tax capacity required.
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Effective in coordinating activities with other areas to assure operational efficiency and productivity.
• Proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Experience with OneSource preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.