Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Trainer- Greenwood Village, CO (Corp)
at Air Methods
Responsible for designing, implementing, and instructing maintenance training programs for 135 Field mechanics and 145 Repair Station mechanics. Creates plans and implements department training and curriculum and is responsible for its delivery to all mandated employees. Develops and/or ensures compliance with governmental, company, divisional, and/or departmental policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements as applicable.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Design, implement and instruct training programs for Repair Station personnel, Field Maintenance Representatives, and field-based mechanics
• Develop and maintain training records in accordance with applicable company requirements.
• Identify and assess training needs within the organization, and confer with managers, supervisors, and conduct surveys to evaluate training effectiveness.
• Understand and have a working knowledge of the requirements of Air Methods Training Manual while maintaining its currency to the changing requirements of the organization as well as the applicable CFR requirements and Quality Control Manual.
• Maintain departmental relationships to develop new systems and identify cost saving measures.
• Provide support to the Repair Station Personnel, Field Maintenance Supervisors, and Regional Maintenance Directors on training issues/schedules.
• Acts as a technical resource for the repair station and base locations and assists with the interpretation of regulations as they pertain to Training Requirements Title 14 CFR §145.163.
• Works within training department budget
• Schedule and coordinate out of house training of technicians assigned to the repair station as well as field locations.
• Coordinates all training related activities
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Maintenance Training
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university and two (2) to five (5) years’ related experience and/or training in aviation; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work required to interface effectively with all levels of the company as well as external customers and regulatory agencies.
• Candidate must have ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
• Forklift, rolling ladder, aircraft tooling
• open and close crates
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ramco software system preferred
• Aircraft Maintenance Manual Systems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Airframe and Power Plant License
• FCC Avionics License preferred
• IA preferred
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.