Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director IT Application Development- Greenwood Village, CO
at Air Methods
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and leading activities related to the design, development, and implementation of software applications and enterprise solutions. This individual leads teams of developers and database administrators in designing and developing reliable, scalable and secure software solutions and providing technical support to existing systems.
Core Responsibilities for all jobs at this level.
• Develops and translates functional or divisional strategy into actionable plan
• Leads segment of department or smaller function in the planning, development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of related processes
• Plans, coordinates and evaluates complex departmental and intradepartmental projects or programs for implementation across large department or function
• Establishes policies appropriate for the function, interprets and recommends modification to company-wide policies and practices
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following.
• Manages a team of direct reports consisting of developers and database administrators and is responsible for selection and hiring of team members, developing and mentoring, direction and review of their work, performance appraisals and discipline as necessary.
• Supervises work of contractors and vendors relative to development projects and is responsible for project management to ensure contract deliverables and project constraints are met.
• Maintains project portfolio and provides regular updates to the VP IT concerning project status, risks, resource requirements and other information as requested.
• Provides leadership to ensure architectural and non-functional standards are met and hands-on mentoring where needed.
• Develops department policies and procedures to pursue long-range goals.
• Support technology road map and company vision in standards and processes.
• Reviews functional specifications including but not limited to use and test cases as necessary.
• Works closely with Operations and Infrastructure teams to improve existing and new processes.
• Develops and reviews programming estimates and project proposals based on research of requirements.
• Oversees acceptance testing and maintains change management process and documentation as required to ensure quality, availability and regulatory compliance.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Additional job requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 10%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
Directly supervises employees in the IT department. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and ten or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Prior personnel management and project management experience
• Ability to efficiently and effectively analyze systems, data, processes and related information as well as the ability to document complex functions
• Strong background in relational database and data warehousing in Microsoft SQL Server platform
• Demonstrated experience identifying and documenting detailed business requirements, and preparing detailed design documents
• Builds and maintains relationships with vendors
• Demonstrates ability to evaluate processes and recommend IT solutions to improve processes
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to express highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Provides proactive strategy development for a functional discipline/strategic development of long term policy for a business unit
• Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
• Demonstrates high critical thinking, reasoning skills, and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task efficiently and meet deadlines
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
• Builds partnerships with related departments or functions to enhance efficiency and execution
• Initiates, leads and evaluates implementation for functional programs across major business areas
• Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Project, Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
• Microsoft .NET (C#, Visual Basic, ASP.Net), SharePoint development
• Agile Methodology
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.