Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Controller- Greenwood Village, CO
at Air Methods
Works directly with the Chief Accounting Officer to manage preparation of all quarterly and annual reports to lenders and investors and complete technical accounting research and analysis. Directs most aspects of accounting management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes. Draft new disclosures and maintain appropriate documentation and disclosure checklists.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packages to parent and lenders, evaluating for accuracy and reasonableness of all reports and projections
- Review and analyze monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Ensure compliance with internal controls over financial reporting including the regular review and implementation of best practice policies and procedures.
- Provide research and analysis in conjunction with other business partners on new and proposed accounting, reporting, and disclosure standards issued by FASB and other authoritative bodies
- Lead general account team to ensure timely and accurate reporting, by recruiting and mentoring qualified staff and establishing effective processes
- Central liaison for external audit ensuring collaboration between internal accounting team and external audit firm
- Prepare monthly cash flow statements
- Review and analyze revenue recognition calculations
- Manage the preparation of departmental budgets or forecasts
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - 0%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
Directly supervises employees in the Accounting department. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Accounting or Finance from four-year college or university and ten or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
10 plus years of progressive accounting and finance experience in both public and private accounting.
Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
Healthcare or aviation industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated extensive technical knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and regulations including FASB and SOX
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to research and interpret technical accounting literature and apply to specific business situations
Ability to motivate teams to produce quality and compliant reports within tight timeframes
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Experience with accounting and financial reporting systems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Active CPA license required
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.