Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager
at Aegion Corporation
- Job ID
United Pipeline Systems, Inc. (UPS) is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with oil and gas industry experience.
United Pipeline Systems®, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, provides durable and reliable thermoplastic pipe lining solutions for new pipeline protection and existing pipeline rehabilitation throughout the world. As the worldwide leader in anti-corrosion and anti-abrasion lining systems, United and the Tite Liner® system thrive in multiple environments, including the oil & gas, mining, industrial, and municipal markets. For details, visit www.unitedpipeline.com
The Business Development Manager is the salesperson with direct responsibility for the execution of annual sales plans for a targeted geographic region. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the business development effort for the designated territory, and/or accounts.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the products and services offered by United, and conduct sales calls and make product / service presentations to meet customer needs.
- Assist in defining and execution of sales strategies and tactics to meet or exceed annual sales plans and quotas.
- Perform key account planning to identify, develop, qualify client contacts and external influencers, and close new and repeat business opportunities.
- Maintain and expand favorable business relationships with key accounts.
- Leverage current and past relationships, as well as available systems for active lead generation with key attention on developing new clients.
- Assist project managers with preparing and delivering bids/proposals by providing client and market intelligence.
- Develop and coordinate project teams (i.e. consultants, subcontractors, and other internal and external collaborators) to acquire and execute profitable contracts.
- Generate market intelligence and analytics and assist in environmental and competitive analysis.
- Represent organization within appropriate industry and professional organizations.
- Provide input into development of marketing communications and product portfolio decisions.
- Collaborate on R&D pilot projects and/or project demonstrations to assist with the validation of new technologies and facilitate product launches.
- Focus efforts on relationship and solution selling with keen attention to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ensure prompt investigation of client concerns and provide problem resolutions or referral to appropriate personnel.
- Remain current on sales performance and provide sales reports by providing periodic status reports detailing activity and efforts, as well as win/loss analysis and factored sales forecast. Jay
- BA/BS degree in sales & marketing, business, finance, engineering, or construction management, MBA is preferred.
- Minimum seven years preferred 10+ years, related experience with demonstrated success selling in the Oil & Gas, Mining, Industrial, and Municipal industries
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; draft reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information to individuals or groups (management, clients, customers, general public) and respond to questions.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations and apply basic statistical, algebraic and geometric concepts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volumes, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists and interpret various instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong computer skills: including ability to utilize Microsoft Office software, CRM, and web navigation.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, overtime pay, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested