Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 56894|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Oct 19, 2018 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
11500 CHERRY DR, THORNTON, Colorado, 802332732
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.Design and implement literacy intervention instruction for individual students or small groups of students aligned to district intervention model. Use data to inform instruction and engage in collaborative decision-making.
2.Collaborate with team members and district leadership to enhance literacy instruction, build capacity among colleagues, and achieve the district goals.
3.Apply knowledge of current research and topics in the area of Reading and Writing.
4.Demonstrate and maintain productive and positive interpersonal skills.
5.Meet the needs of diverse learners.
6.Use a variety of formal and informal assessment tools, including application and analysis of reading assessments such as PALS, KPALS, MAP, and Running Records.
7.Together, with school stakeholders, develop, implement and review READ plans and literacy plans for students as needed.
8.Create a safe, supportive and effective learning environment for students.
9.Attend all literacy interventionist team trainings and collaboration sessions.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
?Bachelor's degree required: reading major preferred. Master's degree preferred.
?Reading Specialist and/or Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement(s) preferred.
?Coursework in Linguistically Diverse Education preferred.
?Minimum of five (5) years of successful teaching experience.
?Successful experience working with adult learners, preferred
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
?Criminal background check required for hire.
?Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate Colorado Educator License.
?Willingness to pursue a Reading Specialist Endorsement and/or Linguistically Diverse Endorsement.
?Ability to travel among school locations.
- Thesalary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary willbe adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE.
- Thesalary grade posted is the starting salary range for Bachelor’s Step 1. Salary for position may vary based on education and experience.
- Salaryplacement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees’education and/or work experience. Initial placement will be at bachelor(BA) step 1. If minimum qualifications are higher than a (BA), they willbe placed at the initial requirement level for this position.
- Afterinitial placement by the district on the salary schedule, thecertified/licensed employee can provide the district additional officialtranscripts and/or documentation to support further salary advancement.
- Certified/licensedemployees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/orwork experience up to a maximum of six (6) years, which includes in-district andout-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility forverification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- Forfurther explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Masteragreement that can be found on our district website.
All applicants(current district employees and external applicants) should list any and allwork experience, including current district experience, when completing theemployment application. Please includejob titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach aresume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimumqualifications required for each job, it is important to have a completeapplication so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTINGIS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Please refer to the Certified Salary Schedule on ourdistrict website for additional salary information.