Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Gameplay Animator
at 2K Sports
SENIOR GAMEPLAY ANIMATOR
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.” We are comprised of a diverse group of people, from industry veterans with experience working on big franchises, to talented former indie entrepreneurs and recent graduates. Hangar 13 is based in four vibrant locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based in our Brighton studio, working at the very heart of feature development for a brand new AAA console game. You will be part of a multi-discipline team, working on the gameplay innovations that will make our next title something special.
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented senior level animator with extensive experience developing keyframe creature animations as well as working with motion capture animations.
What You Will Do:
- Creating keyframe creature animations, in order to realize characters and test rig design
- Assist rig development by working with the animation TD and creature designer to inform structure and mechanics of the rig
- Planning, directing, and processing motion capture for human characters
- Work with designers, programmers, and artists to deliver content that fits their vision and constraints
- Implement animations in-game with proprietary animation software, test and debug gameplay animations
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
A passionate animator who would be excited to create a game filled with unique creatures and characters from the ground up.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working with keyframe animation in games or film.
- Experience with motion capture, directing shoots and processing data.
- 1-3 Shipped AAA games.
- Expert knowledge of Maya or Motionbuilder
- Strong creative and technical problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively