Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Simpleview, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hardworking and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hardworking team an independent, talented, top-notch Ruby on Rails Developer with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
- All members of the Product Team must strive to exemplify Simpleview’s employee guidelines and corporate values (Hard Work, Working Smart, People, Communications, and Environment)
- Learn and understand the functionality of our Mobile applications including Zerista products.
- Work with other team members to investigate and evaluate innovative design approaches for new development
- Provide technical and technology recommendations to leadership to improve the process as well as existing and new systems
- Work with team members to maintain and enhance key product and system features
- Design, develop, and unit test applications and features based on functional requirements supplied by Product Management
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team, as needed, to validate test approaches and design test plans for new development efforts
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
- Package and support the deployment of code releases
- Generate technical documentation for assigned tasks and development efforts
- Professionally represent Simpleview, its related properties, and products at external functions, networking events, and client demonstrations or meetings
- Adhere to the company’s code standards and development of best practices
- Proactively integrate feedback from code and peer reviews
- Provide scope and time estimates on tasks for capacity planning
- Accurately enter time spent against tasks for capacity planning
- General knowledge and understanding of web frameworks, HTTP verbs, and CORS
- Strong fundamentals in Ruby, outside the context of Rails
- Understanding of Rails ActiveRecord as an ORM, and relational databases such as Postgres
- Understanding of the Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern and concepts of application to Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Rails as a JSON API and implementation best practices
- Experience with Ruby web application servers such as Puma and Passenger
- Excellent attention to detail intermixed with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of, or experience with JIRA, Git, or similar tools as well as release management methodologies
- Experience with agile software development life cycle (SDLC) preferred
- Experience with one, all, or any combination of these front-end frameworks: Angular, React or Vue.js, Aurelia a plus
- Any experience with or a strong desire to learn Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, Azure or Atlas beneficial
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our career page!!!