Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Simpleview, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Management - Executive/Senior (C-Level, VP), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard-working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard-working team an independent, talented, top-notch Assistant Controller with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for coordinating the daily activities of the accounting staff and ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of Simpleview subsidiaries’ financial and accounting records. This is both a leadership position responsible for the management of the Director of General Accounting as well as a ‘hands-on’ position that will also ‘do’ work beyond reviewing the work product of the team. Both skill sets will be critical for the successful candidate.
- Manage the month-end close, including but not limited to the review and preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements.
- Support the Controller in the preparation of the quarterly bank report.
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” as needed to jump into account reconciliations, journal entries, transaction processing, etc.
- Support the implementation of system enhancements associated with NetSuite to accelerate month-end close, eliminate or streamline manual processes, and increase the completeness and accuracy of our financial reporting.
- Lead the identification, planning, and execution of key projects to drive the transformation of our Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions.
- Partner with the Controller to manage the timely and successful completion of our annual external audit along with all ongoing evaluations of adopting key technical accounting pronouncements.
- Supporting the Controller in ensuring adequate governance, policies, procedures and control frameworks across the business to address key risks, compliance to law/regulations and integrity of the financial results.
- Developing new processes and procedures and improving existing processes and workflows within the Accounting function.
- Creating and maintaining a highly engaged, high performing team. Actively supporting individual professional development.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in both public and private accounting in progressive roles; Big Four accounting firm experience preferred.
- Private accounting experience in a corporate environment of scale ($20M+ revenue).
- CPA designation and mastery of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) are required.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally and autonomously in a growth company or fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills. Critical thinker who can challenge the status quo with a combination of tenacity and tactical influence.
- Expert knowledge of NetSuite (or comparable ERP system), MS Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUp, Macros, etc.), MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Experience managing AR, AP, and month-end processes are required.
- Experience directing, supervising, training and coaching multiple accounting staff required.
- Experience consolidating multiple entities within a Group and Foreign Currency exposure preferred.
- Highly collaborative and possess excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability and desire to see the ‘big picture’ and recommend/implement appropriate changes and solutions.
- Intellectually curious, embracing innovation and creativity.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more